Family Insight is now offering psychiatry at our Tidewater location. Immediate openings are available onsite through our tele-psychiatry services, which allow children, adolescents and adults direct access to experienced, licensed psychiatrists and nurse practitioners within the Family Insight network. Tele-psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners are able to conduct remote medication management sessions through a secure portal to provide services to individuals and families in need. Our psychiatrists and nurse practitioners specialize in assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of mental health, behavioral and/or substance use disorders.
At our Virginia Beach office, tele-psychiatrist Stephanie Metzger, DNP, RN, CPNP specializes in child and adolescent psychiatry in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Her practice is shaped by the following treatment philosophies:
- Prevention of mental health challenges is based on early recognition and treatment.
- Recognizing and responding to the effects of all types of trauma is central to treatment framework.
- Quality care is provided with a solid relationship between child, parent(s) and provider.
- Mindfulness is key in encouraging awareness of the present without making judgments about the past.
- Goal of treatment is to stabilize symptoms and facilitate the development of coping skills and active participation in therapy.
- Medications prescribed as needed.
Dr. Metzger is currently welcoming new patients and referrals at our Virginia Beach office, accepting private, corporate and self-pay insurance.